WEIGHT LOSS WITH MORINGA
New research done by Rutgers University in the United States has proven, at long last, that Moringa does directly help you lose weight and prevent & treat type 2 diabetes. The hidden secret is four unique Moringa Isothiocyanates (MICs), with strong biological activity found in Moringa leaves. Emerging evidence has suggested these MICs are the principal therapeutically active constitutes found in Moringa.
This study provides justification and preliminary evidence for the uses of Moringa as a dietary agent in preventing Type 2 Diabetes by demonstrating that MICs caused significant reduction in weight gain, hepatic adiposity, gluconeogenesis, insulin, cholesterol, and inflammatory markers; and increase in insulin signaling sensitivity and lipolysis. Our study also provides support for the role of MICs as primary anti-diabetic actives in Moringa.
“THIS STUDY PROVIDES JUSTIFICATION AND PRELIMINARY EVIDENCE FOR THE USES OF MORINGA AS A DIETARY AGENT IN PREVENTING TYPE 2 DIABETES”
The studies on Moringa Isothiocyanates (MICs) continue to show great promise. So far they have been proven to:
- Reduce weight gain
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower inflammation
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Increase the mobilization and use of body fats for energy
This all results in steady, healthy weight loss. You’ll feel reinvigorated mentally and physically from it’s potent anti-inflammatory benefits as well.
What exactly are these Moringa Isothiocyanates?
MICs are very similar to the isothiocyanates such as sulforaphane found in Broccoli Sprouts (which are all the rage these days), but it turns out Moringa Isothiocyanates are better because they stable (unlike sulforaphane which is unstable and needs to be stored at -20°C) and studies have shown them to have equal or stronger biological activity.In this study, they blended Moringa leaves and the MICs remained stable even after 30 days stored at 37°C (98.6°F)!
MICs and Sulforaphane are both potent inducers of phase II detoxifying enzymes (the nrf2 pathway) and provide protection against oxidative stress and chronic inflammation. They have profound weight loss, detoxification, anti-aging, and anticancer benefits.
THEY HAVE PROFOUND WEIGHT LOSS, DETOXIFICATION, ANTI-AGING, AND ANTI-CANCER BENEFITS.
There are a handful of molecules that could be characterized as being close to a panacea – in that they can help almost every chronic disease — Isothiocyanates are one of them and Isothiocyanates derived from Moringa may very well be the best kind.
How do you use Moringa to Lose Weight?
Based on the studies that have been done, for Moringa to help with weight loss you should:
- Be sure your Moringa is made from Pure Leaf – Moringa Isothiocyanates are concentrated in the tiny green leaves of the Moringa Oleifera tree. Avoid brands that include roots, stems, or seeds.
- Be sure your Moringa is not over-processed– Do some due diligence to be sure that your Moringa Powder is not processed in a way that destroys Moringa’s MICs! Remember, Sun-Drying causes the most nutrient loss (unfortunately this is still the most common on the market). Shade-drying, which requires Gamma-Irradiation , destroys all of Moringa’s Isothiocyanates. Over pulverizing (this is done so producers can include the heavy, low nutrient stems and branches and go unnoticed) also leads to substantial nutrient loss so you want to avoid Moringa powder that appears too fine (Moringa is not Matcha. Producers of too fine, over-pulverized Moringa are not using slow, stone-mill grinders as is done with Matcha in Japan, they are simply obliterating it and destroying most of the Vitamins in the process).
- Consume 8-12 grams of Moringa Powder per day – This is the equivalent of roughly 2-3 teaspoons of our Moringa Powder.
- Consume one serving of Moringa in the morning – This can be with your omelette, oatmeal, or the potent Miracle Morning Smoothie.Your Morning serving of Moringa is important for balancing blood sugar throughout the day. Check out our Moringa Recipies.
- Have one more meal (lunch, dinner or a snack) with Moringa included – Keep Moringa’s anti-inflammatory and sugar balancing Momentum going with another serving in the afternoon. The healthy dose of vitamins and nutrients is a great way to beat the afternoon slump.
The great thing about Moringa is that it can (and perhaps should) be added to your meals. You don’t have to remember to take it 30 minutes before you eat like other weight loss supplements! The blood sugar balancing effect of the antioxidants is still effective even if it’s taken with food. And the inflammation lowering benefits are actually even improved by the inclusion of fats (which help your body absorb the nutrients).
Which Moringa Recipes are Best for Weight loss?
Because our Moringa is sugar free, low carb, high fiber, gluten-free, and loaded with plant-based protein; it is a fantastic addition to every Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 diet recipe.